Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mmkay, So...

Hello.
Let me explain this blog.
Horror has always been my favourite genre of film. I love blood and guts just as much as the next horror movie buff, but there's something to be said about a flick that can mess up your head without any ketchup.
My purpose here at Clockwork Orangejuice is to review psychological thriller/horror films. That means I like to review films with a deeper meaning, which is where my lovely brainchild gets its title, "Clockwork Orangejuice": borrowed from the most famous psychologically fucked up film of all time. Occasionally I will review a bloody gorefest of a film, but the real purpose of the blog is to review psychologically disturbing or unsettling flicks. You get it.
...at least I hope you get it. If you don't, (after I've mentioned the word "psychological" about a million goddamn times), get your ass out of here and go read Fangoria.
A little background information about your humble narrator:
I'm a female, I'm in high school (but don't like to admit it, because I hate high schoolers), I'm obsessed with quite a few things at the moment, including the 1940s, zombies, Communism and the Soviet Union, Scandinavian languages, The Damned (fell in love with a Video Nasty :D),
the 18th century, mortuary science, film noir, silent films, and other oldtimey stuff, etcetera. So, now that I've rambled on aimlessly about myself, I wish you a happy reading experience.

***a little note: because this is a psychological (there's that word again) thriller review blog, I'm afraid it's awfully difficult to explain my thorough opinion on these films without giving away the majority of the movie. So if you haven't seen them do not with to know the ending, I suggest you don't read these. However if you have seen a film and would like to entertain yourself by hearing a different interpretation of it, or you simply like reading reviews, then go ahead and read up. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment